Saturday, July 10, 2010

SMH

Why do people feel the need to abbreviate ALMOST every single word when speaking, typing, or texting? ie. "alrights i'ma drink my coffs (coffee) and continue my studs (studying)". Honestly, you sound idiotic. Sure, (maybe) it's funny once, or twice... but to replace the entire english language with a derivative of a word when communicating is immature. We are educated individuals, yet me make the extra effort to demonstrate ignorance and laziness in our communication skills. Why? Someone please explain to me how this new fad is taking over? In terms of leading by example, the generation beneath us is looking up to us to provide them with knowledge and guidance but we continue to steer them in the wrong direction. Grow up and please become someone worth looking up to because believe it or not, the kids are watching.

*This is my opinion and if you don't like what I have to say, then get out of here and have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment